PhysX Debug Gem
The PhysX Debug Gem provides features to debug visualizations for your PhysX scene geometry, such as the PhysX Primitive Collider and PhysX Dynamic Rigid Body components, and so on.
When you enter console variables or the use the ImGui tool, you can view the PhysX debug lines in editor and game modes. This Gem uses data directly from PhysX to show a culled (limited by proximity to the camera) view of the simulated world in real time.
In editor mode, this Gem displays PhysX shapes within a given distance of the viewport camera. In game mode, this Gem uses the currently active camera to visualize a culled view of the PhysX scene.
This Gem includes the following features:
- Visualize debug rendering of physics geometry, such as collision primitives, terrain, shapes, and forces.
- Control mechanisms using console variables, the PhysX settings menu, and the ImGui tool.
- Visualization frustum culling.
- PhysX visual debugger hooks and controls using the third-party tool visual debgger.
- Proximity based debug visualizations of collision meshes.
For more information, see Debugging PhysX.