The Sprite Editor configures the following sprite configurations:
- Border values for sliced image types
- Sprite sheets
You open the Sprite Editor from the Image component’s properties.
To open the Sprite Editor
Open the UI Editor as explained in the preceding section.
Choose the ellipsis button next Sprite path and select the sprite file.
To the right of Sprite path, click the arrow icon.
The Sprite Editor has the following features:
- Sprite viewport - Displays sprite image.
- Border manipulators - Sets border properties for sliced image types. To adjust the borders, drag the dotted lines, which are called manipulator positions. Changing these positions updates the corresponding Border Properties values.
- Image resolution - The size of the image.
- Alias - A short description of what the cell represents. Use this setting to improve the readability of sprite-sheet index values. You can use the same alias string for multiple sprite sheet cells.
- Top, Bottom, Left, Right - The number of pixels from the respective edge of the image where the sliced region is situated.
- Configure Spritesheet - Available only for sprites that are not currently configured as a sprite sheet.
Copyright © 2022 Open 3D Engine Contributors
Documentation Distributed under CC BY 4.0.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our Trademark Policy page.