Modifying a UI Slice and Pushing Changes
In the UI Editor, you modify UI slices and push changes similarly to the way that you do in the main O3DE Editor.
The following conventions apply when working with slices in the UI Editor:
- If you select an entity that is part of a slice instance, the Properties pane highlights in orange any properties that are different between the selected entity and the slice to which it belongs.
- A UI slice can’t contain references to any entities not within the slice. A UI slice can only contain reference to entities within the slice.
In the Hierarchy pane, elements that are part of a slice appear in blue. Elements that appear in bold blue indicate that the element is the root of the slice. Within the slice’s root, elements that appear in italic indicate a child slice.
- The element Background is not in a slice.
- FontRenderingButton is a root element and its child element, Text, is an element within
You can locally change an instantiated slice’s name, which obscures the name of the slice from which it instantiated.
To determine the slice that the element instantiated from
- Pause on the element. The slice name and its path appears in a tooltip.
To push local changes to the slice
Right-click in the Properties pane or on selected UI elements in the Hierarchy pane.
In the context menu, choose Push to Slice.